Before setting up a virtual private network to connect remote users to your Microsoft Exchange Server organization,...
By submitting your email address, you agree to receive emails regarding relevant topic offers from TechTarget and its partners. You can withdraw your consent at any time. Contact TechTarget at 275 Grove Street, Newton, MA.
you must have the proper hardware and software in place. Find out what VPN hardware and software requirements need to be met for a successful Exchange Server/VPN setup, including:
- The version of Windows Server needed for a VPN setup
- The number of Windows servers that should be in place
- What software should run on the Windows servers
- The number of remote clients required
- What software should run on the client(s)?
- Special hardware requirements
- The recommended server architecture (i.e., server placement) for a VPN setup
- The number of servers that should connect to the Internet
- Precautions to alleviate potential security risks
Connecting remote users to Exchange Server via VPN technology can be a complicated process, but the infrastructure requirements outlined here will facilitate the process. Get details on VPN setup requirements in Step 1 of this tutorial on How to set up a VPN.
Dig Deeper on Virtual Private Networks (VPNs)