- Open the Control Panel and select the Add/Remove Programs option.
- When the Add/Remove Programs applet opens, click the Add/Remove Windows Components button to launch the Windows Components Wizard.
- Select the Application Server option and click Details.
- Pick the Internet Information Server (IIS) option and click Details again.
- Mark off the checkbox next to the SMTP Service and click OK twice, followed by Next.
Windows will now install the SMTP Service. You may be prompted for your Windows installation CD during this process.
Step-by-Step Guide: How to use ISA Server as an SMTP filter
Step 1: Installing the SMTP service
Step 2: Configuring Internet Information Server
Step 3: Installing ISA Server 2004
Step 4: Creating an SMTP publishing rule
Step 5: Creating a DNS publishing rule
Step 6: Configuring the message screener
Step 7: Changing your DNS server's MX record
|ABOUT THE AUTHOR:|
| Brien M. Posey, MCSE
Brien is a Microsoft Most Valuable Professional for his work with Windows 2000 Server and IIS. He has served as CIO for a nationwide chain of hospitals and was once in charge of IT security for Fort Knox. As a freelance technical writer, he has written for Microsoft, TechTarget, CNET, ZDNet, MSD2D, Relevant Technologies and other technology companies.