Assigning Unified Messaging dialing rules to a mailbox policy
By submitting your personal information, you agree that TechTarget and its partners may contact you regarding relevant content, products and special offers.
Once the rule groups are assigned, their settings will apply to the UM-enabled users configured to use that specific mailbox policy.
Configuring dialing restrictions on UM mailbox policy
Use the following steps to configure dialing restrictions on a UM mailbox policy:
- Open the EMC with an administrator account that has the Exchange Organization Administrator role.
- Expand the "Organization Configuration" and click "Unified Messaging."
- Select the "UM Mailbox Policies" tab and then select a UM mailbox policy to edit.
- Click "Properties" in the "Actions" pane.
- Select the "Dialing Restrictions" tab.
- Click the "Add" button for in-country/region rule groups or international rule groups.
- Select one of the rule groups you created previously from the list of rule groups and then click OK, as shown below.
- Click "OK" to save the change and close the Mailbox Policy Properties window.
Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 Unified Messaging for administrators
Home: Introduction to Unified Messaging on Exchange 2007
Part 1: An intro to voice systems for Exchange administrators
Part 2: Unified Messaging features in Exchange Server 2007
Part 3: Defining Exchange Unified Messaging architecture
Part 4: Deploying Unified Messaging servers on Exchange Server 2007
Part 5: Comparing VoIP PBX solutions for Unified Messaging
Part 6: Integrating Unified Messaging servers with a VoIP solution
Part 7: Creating a Unified Messaging Dial Plan
Part 8: Configuring a Unified Messaging IP gateway
Part 9: Mailbox policy configuration for Unified Messaging
Part 10: Creating and assigning a Unified Messaging hunt group
Part 11: Dialing rules and restrictions for Unified Messaging users
Part 12: Assigning Unified Messaging dialing rules to a mailbox policy
Part 13: Executing Unified Messaging grammar generation
Part 14: Enabling Unified Messaging mailboxes and users
|This chapter excerpt from Microsoft Exchange Server 2007: The Complete Reference, by Richard Luckett, William Lefkovics and Bharat Suneja, is printed with permission from McGraw-Hill Osborne Media, Copyright 2008.|
Dig Deeper on Instant Messaging and Unified Messaging