This tip was submitted to the SearchWin2000 Tip Exchange by member Cindy Pisco. Let other users know how useful...
By submitting your personal information, you agree that TechTarget and its partners may contact you regarding relevant content, products and special offers.
it is by rating the tip below.
This tip will save administrators hours in setting up mail for different users who are using the same Windows 2000 PC in a network environment. Once a user logs on, they will have access to their specific mailbox automatically:
- Set up the PC with all the common components that you normally use on your network. Make sure it is perfect -- this will be the default profile.
- Go to control panel > Mail > Exchange Server >properties.
- Set up the mail and enter your Exchange Server name.
- For the user name enter %username% and click > apply (you can't leave it blank.)
- Save your profile as the default user.
- Go back into mail properties and change %username% to blank (nothing at all in the line,) and apply.
- Save that profile now as the default user > everyone and reboot.