SearchExchange.com is excerpting here a chapter from Mike Daugherty's new book, Monitoring & Managing Microsoft...
By submitting your email address, you agree to receive emails regarding relevant topic offers from TechTarget and its partners. You can withdraw your consent at any time. Contact TechTarget at 275 Grove Street, Newton, MA.
Exchange Server 2003. The Chapter, called "Backup and Recovery Operations," contains a series of Tips that Mike has divided into several categories.
- Partition the Information Store
- Minimize risk
- Be prepared for disaster
- Backing up the Exchange Information Store
- Backing up configuration data
- Verifying backup success
- Modifying and deleting scheduled backups
- Exchange 2003 and Volume ShadowCopy Services
- Recovering a storage group or database
- Recovering a deleted mailbox
- Recovering deleted messages and mailboxes from backup media
- Recovering from a disaster
If you would like to download a .pdf version of Mike Daugherty's new book, Monitoring & Managing Microsoft Exchange Server 2003, click here.
About the author: Mike Daugherty is Manager of the Microsoft Consulting Resource Unit for the Central Region as well as a Senior Solution Architect and Program Manager with HP Consulting and Integration Services. He travels widely, working with large Exchange installations and helping clients manage their systems. He is based in Texas.
Dig Deeper on Microsoft Exchange Server Backup and Disaster Recovery