- Begin by opening the server's Network Connections folder and renaming the connections to something more meaningful. For example, you might name the connections to Corporate and Internet, or something like that. Step 2 of 2:
By submitting your email address, you agree to receive emails regarding relevant topic offers from TechTarget and its partners. You can withdraw your consent at any time. Contact TechTarget at 275 Grove Street, Newton, MA.
- Go to Administrative Tools -> Routing and Remote Access to open the Routing and Remote Access console.
- Right click on your VPN server in the console tree and select Configure and Enable Routing and Remote Access. This will launch the Routing and Remote Access Server Setup Wizard.
- Click Next to bypass the wizard's welcome screen. You will then see the wizard's configuration screen.
- Select Remote Access (Dial-Up or VPN) and click Next.
- Mark the VPN checkbox and click Next.
- You will now see a screen that displays your machine's network connections. Select the connection attached to the Internet, verify that the Enable Security checkbox is selected and click Next.
- Verify that Automatically is selected and click Next.
- Now choose the option to set the server up to work with a RADIUS Server and click Next.
- Enter the IP address of your RADIUS server and the shared secret that you assigned to the RADIUS Server.
- Click Next, then Finish.
HOW TO SET UP A VPN
Step 1: Setup requirements
Step 2: Implement DHCP services
Step 3: Create an enterprise certificate authority
Step 4: Install IAS
Step 5: Configure IAS
Step 6: Create a remote access policy
Step 7: Configure the VPN server
Step 8: Associate the VPN server with the DHCP server
Step 9: Configure your remote clients
Step 10: Test the client connection
Step 11: Alternate VPN configuration options
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Brien M. Posey, MCSE, is a Microsoft MVP for his work with Windows 2000 Server, Exchange Server and IIS. He has served as CIO for a nationwide chain of hospitals and was once in charge of IT security for Fort Knox. For more information visit www.brienposey.com.