Released in October 2012, Outlook 2013 is much like past versions of the email client in that it provides access to the Exchange Server with email, contact, calendaring and task management functionality.
By submitting your email address, you agree to receive emails regarding relevant topic offers from TechTarget and its partners. You can withdraw your consent at any time. Contact TechTarget at 275 Grove Street, Newton, MA.
Outlook 2013 includes a few new improvements:
- An Unread button - allows the end user to easily see only those messages marked as unread.
- Message preview - allows the end user to preview the first line of an email from the message list view.
- A Zoom slider - allows the end user to easily increase the font size for individual emails.
- Attachment reminders - reminds the end user when an attachment is referenced in the body of a message.
- The Outlook 2013 weather bar - weather reports for locations selected by the end user.
Outlook 2013 may be used in conjunction with Microsoft SharePoint as long as Exchange 2013 and SharePoint 2013 are properly configured.Additionally, administrators can now control OST file size via the Outlook 2013 sync slider and startup time is improved via the Exchange Fast Access feature.