In-Place Hold is a new e-discovery feature that was first introduced in Exchange Server 2013 release.
In-Place Hold essentially helps an admin determine what items to hold and the amount of time to hold them. Using the Exchange 2013 In-Place Hold feature, administrators can accomplish various tasks that focus around preserving email. Mail preservation is critical if a company is faced with litigation and needs to perform any sort of electronic discovery.
Using In-Place Hold, an Exchange 2013 administrator can:
- Place complete user mailboxes on hold.
- Preserve mailbox items that were previously deleted.
- Search for specific items via criteria such as keywords, send date, recipients and more.
- Preserve items for an indefinite amount of time.
- Place an actual user on hold.
Continue Reading About Microsoft Exchange 2013 In-Place Hold
Dig Deeper on Microsoft Exchange Server Administration Tools