In-Place Hold is a new e-discovery feature that was first introduced in Exchange Server 2013 release.
In-Place Hold essentially helps an admin determine what items to hold and the amount of time to hold them. Using the Exchange 2013 In-Place Hold feature, administrators can accomplish various tasks that focus around preserving email. Mail preservation is critical if a company is faced with litigation and needs to perform any sort of electronic discovery.
By submitting your personal information, you agree that TechTarget and its partners may contact you regarding relevant content, products and special offers.
Using In-Place Hold, an Exchange 2013 administrator can:
- Place complete user mailboxes on hold.
- Preserve mailbox items that were previously deleted.
- Search for specific items via criteria such as keywords, send date, recipients and more.
- Preserve items for an indefinite amount of time.
- Place an actual user on hold.