The Microsoft Connectivity Analyzer (MCA) is an Outlook tool that lets administrators and end users run connectivity tests directly from their computer.
The Microsoft Connectivity Analyzer works in tandem with the Microsoft Exchange Remote Connectivity Analyzer (RCA) tool/website. The MCA tool lets admins and users test five different, yet common, connectivity symptoms against their local machine. After users test connectivity, results are saved and parsed to the RCA site for administrators to view.
The five tests are as follows:
- I can't log on with Office Outlook
- I can't send or receive email on my mobile device
- I can’t log on to Lync on my mobile device or the Lync Windows Store App
- I can’t send or receive email from Outlook (Office 365 only)
- I can’t view free/busy information of another user