- Build a domain controller (DC) and create the same domain as the production domain.
- Complete a System State restore of the DR domain controller box.
- On the DR Exchange Server box, name it exactly the same as our production Exchange server and put it on the DR domain.
- Complete a disaster recovery load of Exchange on the DR Exchange Server box after running forest and domain prep.
- Use ExMerge to extract the mailbox that I need to restore into a .PST file.
Is there an easier way to do this?
Do you have comments on this Ask the Expert Q&A? Let us know.
Ask an Exchange Server question in our forum.
Dig Deeper on Microsoft Exchange Server Backup and Disaster Recovery
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.