If that does not work, try uninstalling and reinstalling Microsoft Outlook (just in case the problem is with the application itself rather than with your specific profile).
Do you have comments on this Ask the Expert Q&A? Let us know.
Related information from SearchExchange.com:
- Expert Advice: 'The operation failed. An object could not be found.'
- Tip: Solve offline address-book woes
- Learning Center: A primer on Exchange .PST files
- Reference Center: Personal store (.PST) tips and resources
- Reference Center: Microsoft Outlook tips and resources
This was first published in February 2007