You'll need to get a copy of a utility called GUIDGEN.EXE from Microsoft and you'll need to run this utility as...
- double-click on GUIDGEN.EXE
- Select "Registry Format" and select "New GUID." This will generate a random GUID that you'll use to rebuild your system folders. Write this value down.
- Launch Exchange Administrator in raw mode by typing admin /r at a command prompt.
- Navigate to the configuration container and select the Information Store Site Configuration object. Select File | Raw Properties and find the Site Folder GUID in the attributes window. Click Editor.
- In the resulting screen, replace the existing GUID with the one you created with GUIDGEN.EXE. Click OK | Set | OK to exit these screens.
- Restart the Information Store service on the server.
Note that this will create new Organizational Forms, Schedule + Free/Busy and Offline Address Book (OAB) site folders. It'll take a bit until the Schedule + Free/Busy folder gets re-populated by all the clients in your environment, which may affect what free/busy times your users will see for a short while. You'll also have to re-generate your OAB. But overall this should fix your issue with OWA users getting "unable to delete item" errors.
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.