By submitting your email address, you agree to receive emails regarding relevant topic offers from TechTarget and its partners. You can withdraw your consent at any time. Contact TechTarget at 275 Grove Street, Newton, MA.
- KB article 890555: The Store.exe process may unexpectedly quit at random times in Exchange 2000 Server or in Exchange Server 2003
- KB article 829207: Microsoft Exchange information store service stops responding when a store event sink runs in Exchange 2000 Server
- KB article 843566: The Microsoft Exchange information store service stops responding in Exchange 2000 Server
- KB article 840055: Information store stops responding in Exchange 2000 Server or in Exchange Server 2003
- KB article 894622: The Microsoft Exchange information store service stops responding during deep folder traversal in Exchange Server 2003
As you can see, there are many possible explanations for the Exchange information store to suddenly stop responding and these are dependent on your Exchange Server version, what service packs you have installed, and other services running on the Exchange server (e.g., event sinks, etc.) among other factors.
Do you have comments on this Ask the Expert Q&A? Let us know.
Related information from SearchExchange.com:
Dig Deeper on Microsoft Exchange Server Information Store
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.