1. Export your directory using LDIFDE.
By submitting your email address, you agree to receive emails regarding relevant topic offers from TechTarget and its partners. You can withdraw your consent at any time. Contact TechTarget at 275 Grove Street, Newton, MA.
2. Then reformat the export into a spreadsheet-compatible format (such as comma-delimited or tab-delimited).
3. Import into Excel and make your changes.
4. Export from Excel to delimited and reformat back into LDIFDE-ready input.
5. Finally, import back into your Active Directory.
Hint: There are a few readily available utilities available to convert between spreadsheet-compatible and LDIFDE-compatible formats.
Do you have comments on this Ask the Expert question and response? Let us know.
Dig Deeper on Microsoft Outlook and Exchange Server Calendar and Contact Management
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.