1. Export your directory using LDIFDE.
By submitting your personal information, you agree that TechTarget and its partners may contact you regarding relevant content, products and special offers.
2. Then reformat the export into a spreadsheet-compatible format (such as comma-delimited or tab-delimited).
3. Import into Excel and make your changes.
4. Export from Excel to delimited and reformat back into LDIFDE-ready input.
5. Finally, import back into your Active Directory.
Hint: There are a few readily available utilities available to convert between spreadsheet-compatible and LDIFDE-compatible formats.
Do you have comments on this Ask the Expert question and response? Let us know.
Dig Deeper on Microsoft Outlook and Exchange Server Calendar and Contact Management
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.