1. Export your directory using LDIFDE.
2. Then reformat the export into a spreadsheet-compatible format (such as comma-delimited or tab-delimited).
3. Import into Excel and make your changes.
4. Export from Excel to delimited and reformat back into LDIFDE-ready input.
5. Finally, import back into your Active Directory.
Hint: There are a few readily available utilities available to convert between spreadsheet-compatible and LDIFDE-compatible formats.
Do you have comments on this Ask the Expert question and response? Let us know.
Dig deeper on Microsoft Outlook and Exchange Server Calendar and Contact Management
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.