- Go to Tools -> Email Accounts -> Add a new account. Click Next.
- Select POP3, then click Next.
- Input the display name as you'd like it shown on messages you send. Type your email address in the email address field.
- Add the username and password you use to log on to your POP3 mailbox.
- For server information, input the names of your POP3 servers as provided by your ISP (or whoever is hosting your POP3 mailbox). These are typically in the form smtp.mydomain.com and pop.mydomain.com.
- If your ISP has indicated that you need to change the port or SSL settings for the POP3 or SMTP servers, then click More Settings, switch to the Advanced tab, and set these fields using the information provided by your ISP. If your ISP has indicated that your SMTP server requires authentication, click on the Outgoing Server tab and check the checkbox marked 'my outgoing server requires authentication.'
- Click OK and Next as appropriate to complete the process.
- Test your POP3 account to ensure you can authenticate, send and receive email.
Do you have comments on this Ask the Expert Q&A? Let us know.
Related information from SearchExchange.com:
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.