How do I forward all messages to another email account using Outlook Web Access?
By submitting your email address, you agree to receive emails regarding relevant topic offers from TechTarget and its partners. You can withdraw your consent at any time. Contact TechTarget at 275 Grove Street, Newton, MA.
In Outlook Web Access (OWA), click the Rules icon in the navigation pane (lower left of window). Once the Rules dialog appears in the main window, click the New button to invoke the Rules wizard. Give the rule a friendly name, such as "My Forward Every Email Rule." Leave every field blank, except for the "Forward It To" field, into which you can type any email address or select from the various Outlook/Exchange address lists.
Note that in order for this to work, you must enable the auto-forwarding of messages within Exchange System Manager.
MEMBER FEEDBACK TO THIS ASK THE EXPERT Q&A ON FORWARDING EMAIL:
How do you enable the auto-forwarding of messages within Exchange System Manager?
To enable auto-forwarding of email within ESM:
- Drill down in ESM into Global Settings.
- Right-click on Internet Message Formats in the left pane.
- Then double-click the Default format in the right pane.
- Select the Advanced tab, and then verify that "Allow Automatic Forwards" is enabled.
Brad Dinerman, Client Administration expert
Do you have comments on this Ask the Expert Q&A? Let us know.
Related information from SearchExchange.com:
- Expert Advice: Forward/reply options for OWA messages
- Expert Advice: Set up an alternate recipient to forward email to a BlackBerry
- FAQ: Outlook Web Access
- Learning Center: Troubleshooting Outlook Web Access
- Reference Center: Outlook Web Access tips and resources
- Tutorial: Optimizing OWA
- Top tips: Five OWA tips for Exchange admins
- Expert advice: Connecting an iPhone to OWA
Related Q&A from Bradley Dinerman
Find out how you can avoid DNS issues related to a Exchange 2003 server only collecting email from specific POP3 domains.continue reading
Are you having trouble with duplicate appointments in your Microsoft Outlook 2003 calendar? Learn what may cause this to happen.continue reading
Learn the best way to configure the default recipient policy in an Exchange 2003 test environment.continue reading
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.