The Exchange Server administrator has the authority to set restrictions on email that gets sent to BlackBerry handheld devices using global redirection filters. These override any mailbox filters set. Here are the steps:
- In Exchange Administration, go to Blackberry Servers.
- Under Blackberry Server go to Properties and select the server
- Then select Global Filters -> Filters.
- Under Redirector Settings, select New to open the Add Filter window.
- Type a name for the new filter and set the conditions and actions and click OK.
- The new filter should be listed in the list under the Filters tab.
MEMBER FEEDBACK TO THIS ASK THE EXPERT Q&A:
As I read the question, the poser does not have a Blackberry server -- just an Exchange server.
Do you have comments on this Ask the Expert Q&A? Let us know.
Related information on server-side rules and sending email to a Blackberry:
Dig deeper on Mobile Devices
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.