By submitting your email address, you agree to receive emails regarding relevant topic offers from TechTarget and its partners. You can withdraw your consent at any time. Contact TechTarget at 275 Grove Street, Newton, MA.
- Install a "recovery server" in a new Active Directory forest. Do not install it into your production forest.
- Install Exchange on the recovery server. Make sure you use the same organization name as your production organization.
- Recover the database to an administrative group (AG) in which the legacyExchangeDN values match the legacyExchangeDN values from the original production AG. Have a look at Microsoft Knowledge Base 324606, XADM: How to Use Legacydn.exe to Correct Exchange Organization or Administrative Group Names.
- Name the restore storage group and database to match your production storage group and database names.
- Export the data to .pst files, and then import the .pst files into new mailboxes after you've rebuilt your production environment.
Related Q&A from SearchExchange Staff
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.